You are invited to the THLA Journal Club
Come and enjoy some antipasti and wine at:
Monday, February 24, 2014, 5:30pm
For this first meeting we’ll be discussing:
Boruff J, Storie D. “Mobile devices in medicine: a survey of how medical students, residents, and faculty use smartphones and other mobile devices to find information.” Journal Of The Medical Library Association. January 2014;102(1):22-30.
We’re planning to keep it informal, but here are some pretty broad questions we expect to ask the group:
- Generally, what did you think of the paper? Strengths? Weaknesses?
- Was the study design appropriate?
- How was the survey response rate?
- How representative was the sample?
- How might this research apply to your user groups?
- Could this information impact your library?
- What new questions arise from this research?
If you are interested, please RSVP to Melanie.Anderson@UHN.ca
Thanks, and we hope to see you there!
Melanie Anderson and Carla Murphy THLA